Spirion (Identity Finder) - How to Save and Retrieve the Results of a Scan
This document shows how to save results and import saved scan results in Spirion. All documentation was done with Spirion 10.9 for Windows and Spirion 10.9 for Mac.
Spirion features both saving and importing scan results for both Windows and Mac.
This document contains the following topics:To save results on the Windows client:
- Launch Spirion and perform a scan.
- The Spirion Summary Window will open when the scan completes. You can click the Save As button from the Spirion Search Summary window.
- You can then specify a save location and name for the results. You should also check the Use Spirion Profile Password box to secure the results (recommended).
- If you uncheck the Use Identity Profile Password, you will have to provide your own password to secure the file. It can be whatever you like.
- Open Spirion and run a scan.
- When the scan is completed, choose File and then Save from the drop-down menu.
- Specify the location and name of the file. Spirion also requires that you specify a password to secure the results. Do not lose this password as you will need to enter it to open the results.
- Click Save.
You can also import the results of previous scans in both versions of the clients and act on the found items.
- Launch Spirion.
- From the main Spirion Window, click the File tab in the upper left corner. Click Open from the drop-down menu.
- Find the results file you want to open and click Open to open it.
- If the file was secured with the profile you are currently using, the results will open in Spirion. If you are on the Guest Profile or a different profile, you will be prompted for the password used to secure the file. Enter it and click open.
- The results will be open in Identity Finder. If you try to perform an action on an item that has since been deleted, Identity Finder will ask if you want to remove the item from the results view. Click Yes in both dialog boxes that appear, as this will prevent cluttering results with deleted files.
- Launch Spirion.
- Navigate to the File menu and click Open. Click the options box in the bottom left corner, and you will be prompted for the password to open the file.
- The results will now be open in Spirion. Since the Mac client does not use a Guest profile, you do not need to worry about which profile is currently being used as long as the password for the results file is known.
If an item in the results has been deleted or moved, the client will show an error window similar to the one below. It is best to remove such items from the results files when prompted, as this will reduce clutter.