SIS - Password Rules
SIS has developed password controls for security purposes. The following are the password controls being used:
Note: University staff and students sign into their SIS accounts using their NetID and password.
The SIS password rules only apply to student employees or UW Foundation staff work accounts.
- Passwords must be between eight and thirty-two characters long.
- Passwords must contain at least one number and at least one non-alphanumeric character,
e.g. !, @, $, &, #, *, %.
- There is a maximum password age of 90 days. Users must change their password every 3 months. There is a 14-day expiration notice.
- Passwords cannot be your User ID.
- After six unsuccessful login attempts the user account will be locked.