Running the Audit Report in HRS
OverviewThis procedure will walk you through how to run the Absence Management Audit Report and the different outputs of this report. This report is intended to identify situations that may require a review of absence data and potential payout/payback of absence balances and/or absence balance adjustments.
The Absence Management Audit Report (AM Audit Report) identifies 3 scenarios that will occur in HRS and may need review or updates to Absence data based on the scenario.
- Employees with concurrent jobs in different Absence Eligibility groups.
- Employees that have transferred between different Absence Eligibility groups.
- Employees that are rehired with a break in service of greater than 3 days.
Running the Report
This report will be distributed weekly via Cypress, but can also be run ad hoc as follows.
- Navigate to UW Absence Management Reports > AM Audit Report
If you have never created a run control:
- Click “Add a New Value” tab and enter a Run Control ID (this can be your initials, or name, or any identifier you choose) and click on Add.
If you have created a run control:
- Either enter your Run Control ID and click Search OR click Search and choose your Run Control ID.
Type Dept ID in Dept ID field (Leave blank for all departments)
- NOTE: If you wish to search on Unit/Division/Department/or Sub Dept., you can use a % sign at any level. i.e. C% for whole campus or A06% for all of DoIT. You cannot select A06 from the drop down and get all of that Division without the % after it.
How to Read Report Output:
1. Employees with concurrent jobs in different Absence Eligibility groups:
- If you have employees in this section, you may want to monitor their leave on each job to ensure that the employee isn't over allocated. If you do see issues with the employee's allocations, please contact UW Shared Services - Service Operations.
- The employees will appear in this section as long as they are active in the concurrent jobs.
If you have an employee switching between being paid monthly and bi-weekly, please be sure that any balance transfers have been requested as appropriate. Please see the below table to determine if an absence balance transfer request is needed.
From To Action Required? FA/AS/LI Monthly A-Basis (UWS_U_A) UWS_U_C Payout Vacation, Legal Holiday and Personal Holiday balances. FA/AS/LI Monthly C-Basis (UWS_U_C) UWS_U_A None. UWS_U_A
Anything other than UWS_U_A, UWS_A_C or UWS_NONE Request balance transfers from Service Operations. Anything other than UWS_NONE UWS_NONE Payout all eligible leave balances. FA/AS/LI Bi-weekly A-Basis (UWS_U_B_A) UWS_U_B_C Payout Vacation, Legal Holiday and Personal Holiday balances. FA/AS/LI Bi-weekly C-Basis (UWS_U_B_C) UWS_U_B_A None. UWS_U_B_A
Anything other than UWS_U_B_A, UWS_U_B_C or UWS_NONE Request balance transfers from Service Operations. University Staff
Anything other than UWS_NONE Request balance transfers from Service Operations.
- If you have employees listed in this section, you will want to review any balances that remained on their previous position and request balance adjustments if necessary.