Searching For an Employee's Position Number From Job Info in HRS
OverviewSometimes you need to make a change to an employee's position data, and you don't have their position number. This job aid will show you how to locate the position number and search for the position, starting from the employee's job information.
- Search for the employee's job data.
Navigate to: Workforce Administration > Job Information > Job Data.
- Enter the Empl ID of the employee that you are looking for and click Search.
(Note: You can also search for the employee by name.)
You are brought to the Job Information pages for the employee. On this page you will be able to view the employee's Position Number.
At this point, you can either write down the employee's Position Number, or highlight the number and copy it with your mouse.
- Navigate to: Organizational Development > Position Management > Maintain Positions/Budgets >
Add/Update Position Info.
- Enter the Position Number that you are updating and click Search.
- The position information pages will appear. Click the Budget and Incumbents tab to confirm that you are looking at the correct position for this employee. Now you can update any information that needs to be updated on the position. See Managing Position Data in HRS .