Alumni Park / One Alumni Place / Wisconsin Alumni Association
Wisconsin Alumni Association
650 N. Lake Street
Madison, WI 53706-1476
(between Memorial Union and the Red Gym)
724 Langdon Street
Madison, WI 53706
Photos: Looking at the building of UW's Alumni Park: http://host.madison.com/ct/news/local/photos-looking-at-the-progress-of-uw-s-alumni-park/collection_13b03dd7-9eae-5f30-be78-fe9002a0b12b.html. See the completed park here: https://www.alumnipark.com/share/photos/.
- Alumni Park honors UW-Madison alumni and the Wisconsin Idea, the University of Wisconsin’s guiding principle that education should have a positive impact on people’s lives beyond the boundaries of the classroom.
- The park is a place to be inspired, reconnect with your alma mater, discover more about the university, and add to your must-visit list when in Madison.
- This roughly 1.3 acre park is located between Memorial Union and the historic Red Gym on the UW-Madison campus.
- Other nearby destinations including the Memorial Union Terrace, Library Mall, Bascom Hill, the Chazen Museum of Art, and downtown Madison’s State Street.
- Alumni Park is believed to be the first park of its kind in the country.
- It features artful exhibits, a visitor center (One Alumni Place), lakefront access, and a new public pier (The Goodspeed Family Pier).
- More than 50 museum-quality outdoor exhibits in the park educate visitors about alumni achievements as well as University of Wisconsin innovations and traditions.
- More than 120 UW-Madison alumni are honored and celebrated in Alumni Park, representing the breadth and diversity of alumni achievement and significant positive influence in Wisconsin, the nation, and around the world.
- The park’s exhibits have been integrated into open green spaces, walkways that include views of Lake Mendota, landscaped gardens featuring native plants and trees, and an outdoor classroom.
- The park also features a variety of Wisconsin Alumni Association and UW-Madison programs and events including festivals, arts and cultural programs, outdoor lectures, and workshops.
- Alumni Park was developed and is managed by the Wisconsin Foundation and Alumni Association in partnership with the University of Wisconsin-Madison.
- Alumni Park is funded entirely by private donations from alumni and friends from around the world.