UW-Madison Mid-term Evening Exam Policy
The following sections provides information regarding the Mid-Term Evening Exam Policy.
What is the UW-Madison mid-term evening exam policy?
Two evening examination periods have been established for daytime classes that require evening mid-term examinations.
- The first 90 minute period is from 5:30 pm - 7:00 pm to accommodate examinations of 90 minutes. Examinations can begin any time before or during this period as long as they end no later than 7:00 pm.
- The second examination period begins at 7:15 pm and will accommodate longer exams (longer than 90 minutes).
- Any exceptions to this general policy may be authorized by the Office of the Provost and Vice Chancellor for Academic Affairs.
- Instructors who schedule evening examinations should make every possible effort to accommodate students with unavoidable (documented) conflicts.
- Instructors are responsible for assuring that all students with conflicts between daytime courses with evening exams and evening courses are treated fairly and without penalty.
- If a scheduling conflict exists between the evening examination of a daytime course and a regularly scheduled evening course, then the evening course takes precedence over the examination.
Questions regarding this policy can be directed to L&S Student Academic Affairs (608-262-0617) or to the Vice Chancellor for Academic Affairs.