Reporting Crime on Campus
The law and the University requires members of its community, faculty, staff, and students to report any crimes or suspected incidents of abuse.
The following resources are available to the UW community to bring issues and concerns to the attention of the university and/or law enforcement:
- Emergencies: 911
- UW Police Department (Non-Emergency): 608-264-2677 (264-COPS)
- Madison Police Department (Non-Emergency Dispatch): 608-255-2345
- UW-Madison Safety Website: http://safeu.wisc.edu -- SafeU provides links to campus safety resources, as well as copies of the Campus Safety Report.
- Division of Student Life: 608-263-5700
- Employee Assistance Office: 608-263-2987. All contacts with EAO are confidential.
- UHS 24-Hour Crisis Line: 608-265-5600. This number can be used both by those suffering from stress or mental health issues and by those who believe that someone they know may need help.
For violations concerning Title IX and the University discrimination policies, even if they do not rise to the level of criminal behavior, to the Office of Equity and Diversity at (608) 263-2378 or contact Special Assistant, Campus Title IX Coordinator by phone or email. Phone: 608-890-3788, Email: email@example.com