Wisconsin Union Membership
(608) 262-2263 -- Wisconsin Union Membership Office
Monday-Friday 9:00 a.m.- 5:00 p.m.
Memorial Union Room 5195
800 Langdon St
Madison, WI 53706
Wisconsin Union Membership Information
The Wisconsin Union is a membership organization. You need a membership to use Union spaces!
Membership benefits include:
- When the curtain goes up, you'll be enjoying special pricing on Union Theater tickets
- Members receive discounts on rooms and express check-out at Wisconsin Union hotels
- Get physical and save 10% on rentals & activities at Sett Recreation in Union South
- Explore your creative side with discounts on classes, supplies and access passes at Wheelhouse Studios
- Enjoy the great outdoors for less with discounts on equipment rentals from Outdoor UW
- Exclusive member discounts at many Union events
- Members-only classes at Wheelhouse Studios
- Need some space? Members enjoy free meeting room rentals for personal special events
- Is matrimony in your future? Have your wedding at the Union!
- Thirsty? Members may buy beverages at both Unions
- Traveling? Save $14 off a round trip Van Galder bus ticket to Chicago
- Stay active! Join the members-only Hoofers Club
- Peruse the ever-changing collections on display in the Wisconsin Union art galleries
- Free live music events and movies - that's entertainment!
- Free campus-wide WiFi access for use with your personal devices
- Stay informed about what's happening at the Union - subscribe to the Terrace Views e-newsletter
Membership price options:
- $100 UW-Madison New Graduate (within 1 year of graduation)
- $100 UW-Madison Faculty/Staff Retiree (within 1 year of retirement)
- $200 UW-Madison Recent Alumni (1 year or more after graduation)
- $200 UW-Madison Faculty/Staff (more than 1 year after retirement)
- $275 Community Member (open to the general public)
- $75 Joint Spouse/Partner (of a Lifetime Member)
- $55 Community Member (must accrue $330 to be a lifetime member)
- $55 Current UW-Madison Faculty and Staff (must accrue $220 to be a lifetime member)
How can a person purchase a Union Membership?
- Membership computer kiosk in the Memorial Union West Wing lobby
- Web: https://union.wisc.edu/get-involved/become-a-member/membership-options/ (click on membership type)
- In person: Membership Office, Wisconsin Union Hotel, MU Box Office, MU West Wing Kiosk and Terrace Welcome Cart
- By phone: (608) 262-2263, 9:00am to 5:00pm, Monday to Friday
A temporary card will be issued at time of purchase. The regular card will be mailed within 7-10 business days. Replacement membership cards can also be obtained by any of the above methods.
Questions about Union Membership can be directed to:
- Membership Office (5th floor of Memorial Union), Monday thru Friday, 9 am - 5 pm
- Check the website (https://union.wisc.edu/get-involved/become-a-member/)
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Complaints or concerns: email@example.com