Using Your Television as a Display
The control panel shown below will be used to control your televison.
The power button turns on the monitor corresponding to your table.
The Local VGA button connects the VGA cable to the monitor
The Local HDMI button connects the HDMI cable to the monitor
The Projector button will display what is shown on the projector onto your screen
The Vol Up button will increase the volume out of the TV
The Vol Down button will decrease the volume out of the TV
Using your television to display your computer’s screen:
1) Press the power button on the panel to turn on the TV
2) Connect your computer to either the VGA or the HDMI cable.
Note: it is recommended that you use the HDMI cable.
If you want audio using the VGA cable, you must also connect the audio cable to the headphone port on your computer. If you are using HDMI the audio will work without connecting an additional cable
3) Push Local VGA if you connected to the VGA cable or press Local HDMI if you connected to the HDMI cable. The image on your computer screen should now appear on the TV. If the image does not appear on the TV, click the button for the other input, then reselect the correct one. For example, if you are trying to use HDMI, push the Local VGA button, wait a few seconds, then press the Local HDMI button again.
For the provided computers, to change how your image is shown on the TV, right click on the desktop and select Screen Resolution. In the pull down menu next to
Multiple Displays, you can select from Duplicate, Extend, Show desktop only one 1, and Show desktop only on 2. Duplicate displays the same image on the TV as your computer screen, Extend allows you to show a different image on the TV than the one on your computer, and Show desktop only on 1 or 2 will display your desktop only on your computer or the TV respectively
1) A) If you are using Windows 7 right click on the desktop and select Screen Resolution
B) If you are using Windows XP, right click on the desktop and select Properties, then click on the Settings tab
C) If you are using Apple OS X, click on the Apple logo in the upper left corner and select System Preferences. Then click on Displays. Click Display if it is not already selected.
2) From here you should be able to change the screen resolution to work with your television. If your aspect ratio is different from the TV, you may see some of the edges will be cut off regardless of the resolution you choose.
To view what is up on the projector:
1) Press the power button
2) Press the projector button
The image on the selected projector will now appear on your Television. There are controls on the podium up front to select which projector is being sent out to the room.