KB User's Guide - General Info - Internal and External Live Sites
This document will discuss the differences in the appearance of live KnowledgeBase sites.
Live Site URLs
The URL for the external site look like this:
The image below is the external url of the DoIT Help Desk external KnowledgeBase.
The URL for the internal site look like this:
The image below is the internall url of the DoIT Help Desk internal KnowledgeBase. Note how the url is appended with the
Live Site Differences
- The External site can be accessed by the public, specifically, anyone with access to the internet.
- The footer on the external site, which you may customize to suit your users, has a Mobile view link centered on the bottom.
- This is an example of an external footer from our demo site.
- The Internal site access is restricted to those the KB Admins have manually entered into the Users Tab. Internal site access can also be controlled by KB Admins via the Campus Access options.
- The default layout of internal KB sites has a gray bar on the top of the page as well as a sign out link.
- The image below is an example from the KB Users Guide KB internal space. Note the gray bar at the top with a link allowing you to sign out.
- Another difference is found in the footer in the internal site. The footer displays:
- the user email address
- a link to the user's Favorites (more info about Favorite documents)
- a sign out link
- a mobile view link
- The image below is an example of the footer in one of our Demo sites.