International Graduate Admission
(608) 262-2433 -- Graduate Admissions
(608) 262-2044 -- International Student Services (ISS)
Monday-Wednesday: 9:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
Thursday-Friday: 9:30 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
Walk-In Advising Hours
Monday-Wednesday: 2:00 pm - 4:00 pm
Thurs: 10:00 am - 12 pm
Monday-Friday: 10:00 a.m. - 1:00 p.m.
217 Bascom Hall
500 Lincoln Drive
Madison, WI 53706
International Student Services
716 Langdon Street
217 Red Gym
Madison, Wisconsin, 53706
How international students apply for admission:
- First, you will need to select a program. The link for a list has been provided above.
- Next, you will need to meet the general admission requirements.
- Students need the equivalent of a 3.0 for an undergraduate or master’s degree (or comparable degree).
- Every applicant who is not a native English speaker or whose undergraduate instruction was not in English must take an English proficiency test within 2 years of application. Minimum scores for the required tests are provided below:
Note: You can arrange to have your GRE and TOEFL sent directly to the University of Wisconsin-Madison by using the Institutional code 1846
- Finally you will need to fill out the application and submit it (this can all be done online.). Please visit the link above for a recap of these requirements as well as some information specific to your country of origin.