SharedDrive - Service Overview
This document describes the SharedDrive service.
What is SharedDrive?
SharedDrive provides departmental file sharing services to departments, groups, or service teams. For more information on SharedDrive, please see the storage website.
SharedDrive features include:
- File sharing — easily and securely share documents and files over the network with colleagues and groups
- File permissions — use Active Directory file permissions to provide access to individuals or groups
- File access — easily and securely access your files from Windows or Mac using SMB when on a campus network or remotely with a secure VPN connection
- Data Protection — all data is protected with snapshots and offsite mirroring
- Ransomware detection — active ransomware detection software constantly looks for ransomware attacks
- Managed — storage managed and hosted by DoIT
- Growth — Scalable to handle data growth
How to Request SharedDrive?
The best way to request the SharedDrive service is to schedule a consultation by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org