eduroam - Accessing eduroam
This document gives UW-Madison NetID users a brief description of eduroam and links to instructions for configuring various clients.
What is eduroam?
eduroam (education roaming) is a secure worldwide federated network access service developed for the international research and education community. UW-Madison is member of eduroam, so you can use your NetID credentials at any eduroam-enabled school and get instant network connectivity. This also means visitors from participating schools can get wireless network connectivity at UW-Madison.
How do I set up eduroam for:
If you're looking for a different device please choose from the list below:
- eduroam - Android Setup
- eduroam - iOS Setup (iPhone, iPad, iPod Touch)
- eduroam - Mac OS X Setup
- eduroam - Mac OS 10.5/10.6 Setup
- eduroam - Windows 10 Setup
- eduroam - Windows 7/8 Setup
- eduroam - Linux Setup
- eduroam - Windows XP/Vista Setup
- eduroam - Other/Unsupported Setup
How do UW guests set up eduroam?
Contact your home campus for setup directions. Each campus is different.
Where is eduroam available at UW-Madison?
The eduroam network is currently available in most on-campus buildings.
Issues using eduroam at UW-Madison?
- Check with people nearby to see if they're experiencing connectivity issues.
- Get Help from DoIT to see if there's an outage related to eduroam connectivity.
- Contact your institution's help desk to see if they're experiencing an outage related to eduroam connectivity.