Common issues with eduroam
solutions to common problems with eduroam
Wi-Fi client keeps asking me to verify the certificate
This issue has primarily been on MacBooks running recent versions of Mac OS X. Please make sure to install profiles. For 10.7 (Lion) use: [Link for document 22061 is unavailable at this time.] , for 10.5 or 10.6 use eduroam - Mac OS 10.5/10.6 Setup
If the issue still persists:
- Select System Preferences
- Select Wi-Fi in the left pane
- Click Advanced...
- Drag the eduroam network to top of the Preferred Networks
- Check the "Remember networks this computer has joined" box.
Received email that I logged into eduroam without "scope"
It's important to remember that eduroam is a global network and the scope (@wisc.edu) helps to route your credentials when you are abroad. Although your initial login using only your NetID may have worked, it will fail once you leave UW-Madison. For this reason we encourage (and will soon enforce) all users to properly scope their username with eduroam logins.
- iOS properly binds the SSID, Credential and CA together and will not let you change aspects of the profile. Therefore, you will need to eduroam - Remove iOS Profile and then [Link for document 22061 is unavailable at this time.] in order to correct any misconfiguration.