UW-Madison Google Workspace - Embedding a Google Doc in a web site
Log in to UW-Madison Google Workspace for Education with your NetID.
If you have multiple UW-Madison Google accounts linked to your NetID, you may see a list of multiple accounts to select from. Select the preferred account from the list provided. If you only have one UW-Madison Google Workspace account, you will be logged into your account automatically.
Open the UW-Madison Google Doc you would like to publish on your website.
- From the File menu, select Share then Publish to web.
- Click Publish.
- You will see a popup window asking you to confirm that you want to publish the document. Click OK.
- You will then see a window that contains both the direct link to the document and the code to embed the document in your site:
- You can use the Document link if you want to create a link to the Google doc within your site.
- If you want to embed the Doc in your site, you will need to copy the Embed code
Insert the Embed code into the desired location within the HTML code for your site