BN - New Hire Self Service Reports
These reports are generated because a Benefit Administrator has enrolled an employee into benefit plans using a Self Service Hire Event, instead of using an ADM Event. The Hire Event is specifically for employees to enroll Self Service and serves as their electronic signature. If a Benefit Administrator uses the Hire Event or finalizes the event, it invalidates that signature. Employees will not receive a Confirmation Statement when this occurs, nor will enrollments be sent to our ICI and SGL vendor when this occurs. Benefit Administrators should always use an ADM Event to enroll employees into benefits.
If an employee appears on this report, paper application(s) are required for the employee's enrollment. Please have the employee complete paper applications and follow the Benefit Application and Form Distribution Chart instructions (See Additional Resources section below).
- The New Hire Self Service Reports are generated Monday through Friday. The reports are delivered to the UW Shared Services - Service Center.
- The UW Service Center Benefits Team will create tickets daily for each institution to work.
- Reports are called:
- UWBNR054 SGL Exception Report
- UWBNR054 Life Exception Report
- UWBNR054 Health Exception Report
- UWBNR054 Disability Exception Report
SGL Exception Report - represents State Group Life enrollments
Life Exception Report (Non-SGL) - represents Life Insurance enrollments other than State Group Life.
Health Exception Report - represents enrollment in all health plans (1x plans)
Disability Exception Report - represents enrollment into disability plans (ICI, for example).
Warning! If an employee re-used their Self Service Hire Event and was enrolled in a plan originally and then waived that plan, they will appear on this report too. If any State Group Life (SGL) or Income Continuation Insurance (ICI) was changed from elect to waive, then a paper application will still be necessary for these enrollments as only original elections are sent to the vendor for these plans.
- BN - Enrolling, Changing, or Canceling Coverage Using On Demand Event Maintenance
- BN - Self Service Confirmation Statements