HR - Search for a Person using Social Security Number


This guide will walk you through the steps of searching for a person by their National ID number (can also be UW Reporting ID, ITIN, etc.) in HRS.


  • Before creating any new person in HRS, you must search HRS to ensure the person is unique/new to the system and does not already have an Empl ID. The steps found at HR - Search for Existing Person in HRS searches all employment records, including UW's legacy system.  The Search by National ID page described below only searches records added since HRS go-live in April, 2011.


  1. From the Menu, go to Workforce Administration>Personal Information>Biographical>Search by National ID.

  2. Click in the National ID field and type in the National ID (Social Security Number/SSN) for the person you'd like to search.

  3. Click the >> button to search.

  4. Search for a person using national ID
  5. If a match is found the National ID, Empl ID and Name will be listed in the search results section of the page.


Related KBs:

Related Links:
    • N/A

    Keywords:HR Human Resources Job Position Hire Add Search training SSN Primary ID Primary National ID National ID UW Reporting ID Empl_ID Person Person Data EPM   Doc ID:27230
    Owner:Tami E.Group:Human Resource System (HRS)
    Created:2012-11-05 08:36 CDTUpdated:2019-06-11 07:41 CDT
    Sites:Human Resource System (HRS)
    Feedback:  0   0