PY - Check Correction
Check corrections are sometimes needed when an employee is overpaid as a result of incorrect pay. This process DOES NOT actually reverse a check or ACH deposit. After it's calculated it gives you the amount the employee will owe so they can write us a check. Below are the steps to follow to request a Check Correction for an employee.
- Information needed to complete the process:
- Employee ID (Empl_ID)
- Employee Record Number (Empl_Rcd)
- Business Unit
- WiscIt Number
- Approver Name
- Approver Email Address
- Approver Phone Number
- Specific Payroll Check
- If the employee is still active and will be paid On-Cycle it is
always preferred that a negative payline be done to recover the money owed.
- Payroll Corrections must be submitted on line at the following website: https://uwservice.wisc.edu/administration/check-correction/
- To gain access to submit a check correction, your HR Director needs to send an email to the appropriate AG Team requesting access. The ticket should then be sent to the UW Service Center Payroll Team who will work with the web team to set up the new security.
- Approvers will receive an auto-generated email weekly for all unapproved check correction requests that are more than 7 days old. On day 22 the
request will be rejected. Both the requester and approver will get
notification emails on this. If a check correction is still needed a new request
will have to be submitted.
- This will not actually reverse a check or ACH deposit. It simply calculates the amount owed by the employee.
- This process it not intended for collecting benefits owed. Those should go through benefit billing.
Step 1: Employee, WiscIT and Approver InformationOnce you have entered into the website you can start to complete the information required to initiate a check correction. Below is the first screen prompting for information such as the employee, WiscIT number and approver information. All fields with an asterisk (*) are required. The person completing the form is the approver.
- If there are multiple Employee Records on the check, you can pick any one in this screen to continue. When the information is completed, click Continue to Step 2.
Step 2: Choose PaycheckThis will bring up a list of checks for that employee, sorted by most recent checks on top. If you want to filter by a specific year, select that year in the drop down box and you will only see checks for that specific year. Click the radio button for the appropriate check. Depending on the correction needed, you will have two options:
- If you are canceling the entire check, click Yes in the "Cancel Entire Check" section at the top of the screen. Pick the paycheck you want to cancel and click Continue to Step 3. You will then skip to Step 5: Paycheck Correction Review
- If it’s not a complete cancel, click No, select the appropriate paycheck and click Continue to Step 3.
Step 3: EarningsThis brings up the earnings section of the check. The “Was” section will be populated with the information that was on the check. Enter the “Should Be” information and it will calculate the credit portion for you. When there is a difference in a value between "Was" and "Should Be," the amount adjusted will populate in the "Credit" column. When earning are completed, click Continue.
- If you need to add an additional earnings code, click the Add Earning Code button at the bottom right of the screen.
Note: You will only need to update the value(s) that change in the "Should Be" column. If fields are left blank in the "Should Be" column, it will use the "Was" value.
Step 4: DeductionsAfter completing the Earnings page, you will be brought to the Deduction page. Enter all deduction changes you are aware of. If you need additional deductions, click on the “Add Deduction Code” at the bottom right corner of the screen. When you are finished, click the Continue button at the bottom of the screen.
Note: Benefits will be reviewed after being submitted to the Service Center. The DOA and WRS deductions should be ignored as they will be calculated by the Service Center.
Step 5: Paycheck Correction ReviewIn the first section, you will need to enter a Root Cause and Explanation for the check correction. Additionally, you will be able to review and verify the Employee and Check Details.
The second section, Summary Adjustments, provides the breakdown of the employee's Earnings and Deductions.
If something is incorrect and needs to be changed, you can click on the “Edit” button for either Earnings or Deductions and go back to those sections to make changes. When all information is completed and correct, click the Submit Check Correction button.
Step 6: Confirmation of Paycheck Correction6a. After submitting, you will get a summary of the check correction. If you have multiple check corrections to do, click the Submit another Check Correction button.
6b. You will also receive an email letting you know that you have successfully submitted your request. It will have a link to view a “read-only” version of the check correction.
Step 7: Completed Check Correction
NOTE: The Service Center will then calculate and review the check correction.7a. When this is done, you will receive another email (similar to the confirmation) with a link to print out the completed check correction.
7b. You will then need to get the funds from the employee. After receiving the funds, return both the check (payable to UW Service Center) and signed check correction to:
UW Service Center
660 W. Washington Ave. Suite 201
Madison, WI 53703
ADDITIONAL RESOURCESRelated KBs: