Running the Detailed Salary Funding Plan Report in HRS
OverviewYou can run a Detailed Salary Funding Plan Report for employees with appointment, position or department level funding. The report can be run ad-hoc and is based on the funding Effective Date. The report results shows an employee's pay periods, compensation amount per pay period, funding combination code, total dollar amount, and total funding distribution percent. For employees with appointment level funding, the report also displays job-related data such as: job Effective Date, Position number, FTE, Standard Hours, Pay Group, Pay Rate, Appointing Department, Title, Employee Class, and Pay Basis.
If an employee with appointment level funding has a pay rate change during the fiscal year, the report displays this information and adjusts the totals accordingly.
- Report Limitations: This report is designed for employees with one pay group per fiscal year. If an employee has multiple pay groups in the same fiscal year, you will need to run the report separately for each pay group.
- PeopleSoft HRS Security Role Needed: FI Campus User Funding Reports; also see Funding and Direct Retro Security by Campus in HRS
- NOTE: The report is also known as the "Total by Pay Period Plan Report."
Instructions for Running the Detailed Salary Funding Plan Report
- HRS Navigation path: UW Financial Reports > Detailed Salary Fund Plan Rpt
- In the Detailed Sal Fund Plan Report search page enter a Run Control ID or create a new one. For more information see Setting Up Run Control IDs in HRS.
- Enter Detailed Salary Funding Plan Report criteria. (required fields will be indicated by an asterisk (*))
a. In the required field for Department, if known, enter the 7-character organizational department (also known as appointing department) which begins with your institutional alpha code identifier, e.g., A198000. If unknown, click on the data lookup icon and search.
b. The Position field is optional. Only enter the 8-digit Position number if you wish to run the report for an employee with Position-level funding.
c. In the required field for Empl ID, enter the 8-digit employee identification number (Empl ID), e.g. 00074813.
d. In the required field for Empl Rcd Nbr, enter the employee record number (Empl Rcd) which is tied to the employee's job in the organizational department, e.g. 0, 1, 2, 3, etc.
e. The Reporting Period Request Parms (parameters) section allows you to choose from three reporting period options: Summer Period, Fiscal Year or Custom Date Range.
(1) For active employees with a Pay Basis of either Summer Session (e.g. Teaching) or Summer Service (e.g. Research/Administrative), you can select Summer Period or Custom Date Range.
(2) To run the report for the Fiscal Year (July 1 - June 30), select Fiscal Year; in the Year field, enter the four-digit Fiscal Year (e.g. 2019).
(3) To run the report for a specific period, select Custom Date Range; enter the Begin Date and End Date of a date range that is within the Fiscal Year (July 1 - June 30).
f. To save your Run Control ID for re-use, click Save.
- To run the Detailed Salary Funding Plan Report with your parameters, click the Run button
- In the Process Scheduler Request screen, click OK to continue.
- To monitor and view the status of your report, use the Process Monitor andView Log/Trace hyperlink, for more information see KB Viewing the Process Monitor in HRS
- In the View Log/Trace window, in the File List section, select the filename with the .htm file extension.
- The report results open in a new window.
NOTE: If you see report results with the words, "Assignment Not Found", this means there is no active appointment for the employee.
On the report results, a Table of Contents frameset displays on the left-hand side which crowds the screen for single page reports. To remove the Table of Contents frameset, delete the "_frm " characters near the end of the web address, and click Enter/Return on your keyboard. (See Example of Report Results with Table of Contents Frameset Displayed below).
a. Run Cntl ID: (Run Control ID) displays your user defined value, e.g., SALARYFUND, from Step 4 above.
b. Report Option: Displays the reporting period option selected from the Dtl Sal Fund Plan page, Reporting Period Request Parms area in Step 4 above. Report options include: Summer Period, Fiscal Year or Custom Date Range.
c. Employee Name: Employee's First Name and Last Name.
d. Empl ID: 8-digit unique Employee ID, e.g., 00012345.
e. Empl Rcd: Employee record number which identifies a primary or secondary job, e.g., 0.
f. Job End Date: The Expected Job End Date field (if applicable) from the employee's HR Job Data record, Work Location tab. This field may be blank.
g. Appointment Summary displays the employee's HR job-related information that is in effect as of the Report Run Date:
- Job EffDate - Job Effective Date(s) of the employee's appointment from the Job Data record, Work Location tab. (See also HRS KnowledgeBase document Viewing Employee Job Data Records in HRS).
- Position - 8 digit Position Number(s) of the employee's appointment from the Job Data record, Work Location tab. This field may be blank.
- FTE - Full Time Equivalent percentage from employee's Job Data record, Job Information tab.
- Rate - Compensation Rate (or Comp Rate) from employee's Job Data record, Compensation tab.
- Std Hrs - Number of Standard Hours to be worked per week, according to the employee's Job Data record, Job Information tab.
- Paygroup - A 3-character code which ties the employee to a particular UW Payroll Calendar, with specific pay period begin and end dates. The Pay Group code is listed on the employee's Job Data record, Payroll tab. (See also Pay Group Descriptions in HRS).
h. Appointing Dept: 7 character Department ID of the organizational department from the employee's Job Data record, Job Information tab.
i. Title: Job Title description from the employee's Job Data record, Job Information tab.
j. Employee Class: Employee classification (Empl Class) from the employee's Job Data record, Job Information tab. Note: For a list of employee classification code definitions, refer to HRS KnowledgeBase document Employee Classifications (Empl Class) in HRS.
k. Pay Basis: The principal condition in terms of time, production, or other criteria, along with salary rate, which determines the compensation paid to an employee. The Pay Basis is listed on the employee's Job Data record, Job Information tab. (See also Pay Basis Descriptions in HRS).l. Pay Rate: Compensation rate for the employee's job. The Pay Rate value will print multiple times if a change in compensation rate occurs or is set to occur during the specified time period. For University Staff, hourly employees, the annualized 1.00 FTE compensation rate will display. The hourly rate will display for student help employees and for FA/AS/LI, monthly paid employees. For a screenshot example, go to section, Report Example for University Staff, Hourly Employee with Pay Rate Change.
m. Pay Period: The interval at which an employee is paid by UW. An employee's Pay Group code determines the appropriate UW Payroll Calendar, with specific pay period begin and end dates.
n. Fund: The payroll funding combination code (also known as "funding string") for the employee's salary expense, e.g., earnings, deductions, taxes. If funding changes become effective in the middle of a pay period, the affected pay period will be broken down into two or more sub-periods to reflect the change in funding. For a sample screenshot, go to section Report Example for Academic, 12 Month Employee with Funding Change below.
- The report output will display as many funding columns as necessary, according to the funding distribution rows on the employee's Funding Data Entry page.
- If the employee has less than six funding distribution rows on the Funding Data Entry page, the report will display column heading(s) of Fund 2, Fund 3, Fund 4, Fund 5 or Fund 6, with blank values.
For example, the funding combination code 144-198000-4-PRJ53GL-1002 is made up of the following segments:
- Fund (3-digit fund code) Example: 144
- Funding Dept (6-digit funding department) Example: 198000
- Program code (1-character program code) Example: 4
- Project (7-character Project/Grant ID, if applicable) Example: PRJ53GL
Note: If the end date (e.g. 12/31/2018) of a Project/Grant occurs within the date range of the selected report option (e.g. Fiscal Year 2019), the report results will not display past the end date of the Project/Grant.
- Account Code (4-digit general ledger account code in the Shared Financial System) Example: 1002
o. Total (dollar amount): Total dollar amount for the Pay Period
- For monthly-paid, salaried employees, the total dollar amount for each Pay Period is the sum of: (Annual Pay Rate) ÷ (Number of pay periods) × (Funding distribution percent).
- For hourly-paid employees, the total dollar amount for each Pay Period is the sum of: (Pay Rate) × (Standard Hours) × (Number of weeks in Pay Period) × (Funding distribution percent).
p. Fund Level: Appointment, Position or Department.
- Appointment level funding means you are funding the salary expense for one employee, in one organizational/appointing department per fiscal year.
- Position level funding means you are funding the salary expenses for multiple employees in the same Position number per fiscal year.
- Department level funding means you are funding the salary expenses for multiple employees in the same organizational Department per fiscal year.
q. Fund Total (dollar amount): Sum total dollars per funding combination code for the specified Pay Period(s).
r. Fund Percent: Total funding distribution percentage per funding combination code for the specified Pay Period(s).
- Adding or Changing Appointment Level Funding for Employee's Salary Expense in HRS
- Adding or Changing Department Level Funding for an Organizational Department in HRS
- Adding or Changing Position Level Funding for Employee Salary Expenses in HRS
- Finance Report List in HRS
- Funding and Direct Retro Security by Campus in HRS
- Salary Funding Levels Assigned During Payroll Processing in HRS
- Employee Classifications (Empl Class) in HRS
- HR Report List for HRS
- Viewing Employee Job Data Records in HRS
- Pay Basis Descriptions in HRS
- Pay Group Descriptions in HRS
- Setting Up Run Control IDs in HRS
- Viewing the Process Monitor in HRS