L&S Standard Rates for Short-term Staff and Student Assistants
This documents lists minimum base rates for short-term instructional and student assistant appointments and in the College of Letters and Science.
Short-term Staff (Academic Staff titles only)
Any rate changes are effective in the fall semester (e.g., summer appointments in 2021 will follow the academic year 2020-21 rates).
||Current C-Basis Rate|
|Lecturer (no prefix)||$49,440|
|Assistant Faculty Associate||$43,127|
|Associate Faculty Associate||$49,658|
|SA Title||Current C-Basis Rates|
|Teaching Assistant||$41,000 or $45,100|
|Lecturer (SA)||$45,000 or $49,500|
Calculating Gross Salary
Calculations for C-Basis (9-month) salaries:
- Semester-length course: Base rate / 2 * appointment percentage.
- Academic year salary: Base rate * appointment percentage.
- Other: If the appointment is not based on a semester or academic year, use the "FLOAT" tool to calculate the instructor's salary.
Contacts for L&S Administration
- L&S Teaching & Learning Administration
- Shirin Malekpour, Associate Dean for Teaching & Learning (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Amanda Mahr, Academic Administration Coordinator (email@example.com)
- L&S Human Resources