L&S Standard Rates for Short-term Staff and Student Assistants
This documents lists minimum base rates for short-term instructional and student assistant appointments and in the College of Letters and Science.
Short-term Staff (Academic Staff titles only)Due to the campus Title and Total Compensation (TTC) study, the College anticipates changes to some of the titles used for instructional academic staff (current TTC effective date is 7/1/20). We are providing rates for the 2020-21 academic year for planning purposes and to show that we plan to increase the standard short-term staff rates by 2%. This page will be updated when we have final title information from campus human resources.
Rates are effective in the fall semester (e.g., summer appointments in 2020 will follow the 2019-20 rates).
|Title||2020-21 C-Basis Rate||2019-20 C-Basis Rate|
|Lecturer (no prefix)||$49,440||$48,471|
|Assistant Faculty Associate||$43,127||$42,281|
|Associate Faculty Associate||$49,658||$48,684|
Student AssistantsThe following are College-specific rates. For campus minima and other student assistant titles, refer to campus OHR.
|SA Title||2020-21 C-Basis Rates||2019-20 C-Basis Rates|
|Teaching Assistant||$41,000 or $45,100||$40,000 or $44,000|
|Lecturer (SA)||$45,000 or $49,500||$44,000 or $48,400|
Calculating Gross SalaryCalculations for C-Basis (9-month) salaries:
1) Semester-length course: Base rate / 2 * appointment percentage.
2) Academic year salary: Base rate * appointment percentage.
3) Other: If the appointment is not based on a semester or academic year, use the "FLOAT" tool to calculate the instructor's salary.
Contacts for L&S Administration
- Amanda Mahr (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Shirin Malekpour (email@example.com)
- STS / SA HR Rep (see L&S Human Resources/Payroll Office Department Contacts )