NS Remote Customer Support Guideline
Remote Network Inplimentation
This document explains support and cost scenarios for remote customers connecting to the campus border router or backbone via MUFN. Remote customers with MUFN access can opt for an ISP or CAMPUS model.
- Customer is responsible for all local network support.
- Customer will pay MUFN consortium fiber fee (approximately $400/mo. per pair) plus at minimum $100 per mo. for termination equipment, transit fees and DoIT WAN support.
- DoIT will provide 24x7 monitoring services of network connection only.
- DoIT will provide 24x7 best effort troubleshooting of network connection only.
- Sites are connected to DoIT border router (rwan).
LAN support mirrors campus collaborative network support* with the following exceptions:
-LAN support is limited to customers within a 10-mile radius of 1210 Dayton Avenue. Service levels for on-site support past 10 miles will be negotiated and documented by Network Services in a Service MOU
-Infrastructure improvements and repair (fiber, cabling, TR’s) are not included in the fee.
-Customer must designate a trained Authorized Agent for local network support.
-Customer will be billed based on a customer specific expense model including hardware, transport and support.
Fees could include: Network Hardware, Firewall Services, MUFN fiber access and transit, wireless and/or VoIP.
-Initial equipment deployment will be 100% the customers' expense and is determined following agreement on a network design.
-DoIT will provide 24x7 network monitoring services.
-Campus Network Services support limited to business days only and is site specific; WAN Team troubleshoots connection issues 24x7
-Sites are connected to campus backbone.
Additional information is available for specific locations in KB document 88603. https://kb.wisc.edu/ns/internal/88603
Cabling and internal wiring must adhere to the FP&M guidelines effective for all campus entities. Click on link and scroll down to "27 - Communications" URL.