Manifest - Services
Groups need to become service-enabled prior to being able to request services. See Manifest - Requesting Service-Enabled Groups for instructions.
WARG Approval Process
- An association with the university
- Needs not met in other ways. IE Guest NetID for wireless, Spec Auth for retirees etc...
The Working Affiliation Review Group(WARG) will review requests for service-eligibility and determine if they are valid. Some things WARG base their decision on are:
- WiscWorld - Network Access (Wireless and WiscVPN), as well as a base requirement for Office365, Google and other services:
- Office365, Google and other services require further authorization, please note in the comments so appropriate approvals can be forwarded.
- Wireless allows on and off campus use of Wireless including Eduroam worldwide.
- WiscVPN enables the ability to log in and get a dynamic VPN, as well as the ability to log in to use a static VPN. If a static IP needs to be assigned that must be performed by a UW-Madison employee using WiscVPN - Static IP Sales/Management site
Members will need to activate services if they already have an active NetID. See: NetID - Activating Missing Services
- NetID - This is not the ability to invite people to create NetID eligible identities, just make existing NetIDs remain eligible to authenticate when current affiliation ends.
More services will become available as time goes on.