HR - WED - UW_HR_MISSING_SSN
The UW_HR_MISSING_SSN is an error report created to find Defaulted Primary National ID errors. These errors appear in the Workflow Exception Dashboard (WED) notifying credentialed users of missing/incorrect employee data and the ability to fix them accordingly in an on-demand basis.
Primary National ID information is either missing or incorrect. Typically this occurs when no Social Security Number is entered at the time of hire and the system defaults the Social Security Number to all X's. A Social Security Number is required for all employees in the system - even Student Help or other non-benefit eligible employees. When we report W2 earnings, we are required to report those earnings with a valid SSN or valid reporting ID. All insurance vendors require a valid number when reporting for benefits. Please review appropriate documentation provided by the employee (Social Security Card, valid Work Visa or other I9 Identification, Benefits Enrollment Forms) to identify the correct data to enter into Modify a Person.
- The WED is available for credentialed users ONLY and is based on current security roles. Queries will be viewable only if they have the ability to fix them.
- Any employee biographical changes requiring a new Social Security Card or updated information with the Social Security Administration requires documentation to be submitted to the central office HR department for update.
- There may be soft warnings that will pop up after clicking Save. Please click through these warnings to allow for the Save.
Log into HRS and WED Error Queries appear. Error Queries appear based on your current security and if there are errors to fix.
To filter the results of the Error Query list further, options appear below.
Module = Cast net by specific functional group queries
Priority = All queries by default are sorted High, Medium, Low
Business Unit = filter by campus
Dept ID = filter by specific Dept ID (must enter full alpha + six digit code)
DeptID (like) = filter by a partial Dept ID to capture larger net at the division level or multiple departments.
Click on UW_HR_Missing_SSN Error Query. This query is also accessible from the FLSA WorkCenter, found at Workforce Administration > Job Information > UW FLSA WorkCenter. For more information about the WorkCenter, see KB PD-WorkCenter.
- Note - there are additional filters available to narrow your list: Business Unit, DeptID (1), DeptID - Like (2), Show Claimed, Show Completed.
Click the 'Check to Claim' check box, your name will appear in the Claimed by Section with the Date and Time noted.
Click Link to PERSONAL_DATA_1
Modify a Person page opens in a new window, where National ID is stored. The National ID fields are not effective dated. You need to add an additional row to add a National ID Type and number. Note: A National ID Type of Social Security Number is required by the system. If you are adding a UW Reporting ID, be sure not to overwrite this row - instead add a new row, choose the appropriate type, enter the number and mark it as the Primary ID and Save.
Example 1: National ID Type of SSN with a value of all X's
Click + button to add a new National ID type = UW Reporting ID
Use a "0" + the full Empl_ID number as the UW Reporting ID
Check the UW Reporting ID as Primary ID.
Click + button to add a new National ID type = Social Security Number
Add X's in the following format: XXX-XX-XXXX
Change the Primary ID by checking the box for UW Reporting ID type. The Primary National ID must be numeric.
- TE - WED - Workflow Exception Dashboard
- HR - WED - REPORTS_TO Reports
- HR - WED - UW_HR_JOB_CODE_WITH_INCORRECT_PAY_BASIS
- HR - WED - UW_HR_MISSING_ADJ_CONTINUOUS_SVC_DT
- HR - WED - UW_HR_MISSING_BUSINESS_ADDRESSES
- HR - WED - UW_HR_MISSING_HOME_ADDRESSES
- HR - WED - UW_HR_MISSING OR INCORRECT_DATE_OF_BIRTH
- HR - WED - UW_HR_OVERMAX_UNDERMIN Query
- HR - WED - UW_HR_SOD_OVERDUE - SOD Overdue Reports and Oversight
- HR - WED - UW_HR_SOD Reports
- HR - WED - UW_HR_UNC_NO_DEFAULT_SCHED
- HR - WED - UW New Hire Hold Report
- PD - WorkCenter