KB User's Guide - Documents Tab - Reference a Collection of Documents with a single URL
This document will show you how to efficiently reference a collection of documents with a single URL.
Display a Curated Collection of Documents
This feature is especially handy if you want to refer to documents that span more than one topic and/ or KB site. You can control the exact list of documents that the end user will see. In this example, we reference a collection of documents to which we have permissions to access.
- Open your KB site web page, enter the document ID numbers into the search field and click the Search button.
The image below shows a specific list of comma delimited documents in the live site search field.
- After clicking on the Search button, the exact documents you have specified will appear in a table.
The image below displays the four documents requested in the Search field.
Managing the longer URL
A long url will appear in your browser's address/search bar.
The image below shows the long and unweildy URL of :
- goUW would yield the shorter url, http://go.wisc.edu/6e83z9 (requires NetID or Wisconsin Federation login).
- TinyURL would yield a shorter url, https://tinyurl.com/pw9t6zw9 (free service open to all)
- You can also strip away the text between the document IDs in the URL,
%2@C+, and replace it with a comma. This cleaned up url can be used for distribution.