UW Health Citrix Receiver for Mac OS
How to uninstall and re-install Citrix Receiver for Mac OS
General guideline for un-install and re-install of Citrix Receiver when troubleshooting access to UW Health Citrix portal using a Mac OS computer.
It is very important that you use the Citrix Client available from the UW Health portal, other versions are not support. Support for Mac OS based access to the Citrix portal is limited, typically users are encouraged to use Windows OS systems. This document is supplemental to the official support provided directly from the UW Health HelpDesk.
Links to the UW Health Citrix portal and HelpDesk are not listed, you are encouraged to contact your local IT support for assistance.
- Launch the Terminal app from the Utilities folder under Applications.
- Type in the following command (do not use “ “): “sudo rm -r” then drag and drop the receiver under applications on the terminal window, it will look like this “yourcomputername:~ yourusername$ sudo rm -r /Applications/Citrix\ Receiver.app” note “yourcomputername and yourusername” will be replaced with that information populated by your computer.
- Hit Enter on your keyboard.
- You may be prompted to enter your password. Type it in and then hit Enter.
- Citrix should now be removed from your Applications folder.
- Go to UW Health Citrix login portal, re-download the version available and install.