Communications Committee Agenda and Minutes 12-16-11
ASCC monthly meeting
Dec 16, 2011 from 11-noon
Room 2180, Mechanical Engineering bldg
Committee Members for 2011 – 2012
Sonya Sedivy, Mark Lilleleht, Bob Ash, Peter Kleppin, Greg Iaccarino, Alice Pulvermacher, Bob Rettammel, Diane Doering, Jennifer Dykema
1. Introduction of English 318 students who will work with us second semester
a. Discuss priority to develop and promote academic staff
b. Determine first steps and develop a timeline for this project
2. Review Academic staff site http://acstaff.wisc.edu/communications-committee.htm description for the communications committee and discuss what to update
Please review the description prior to Dec meeting so we can discuss.
3. Provide update on posting AS articles on the AS website
a. Alice has access to query academic staff status
b. We need volunteers to find articles weekly to post in the news
c. We need volunteers with PC that will load articles on the AS website
d. We are targeting starting this in February
e. Develop practices that are sustainable
f. Spend the first year identifying sources for articles
4. February 9, 8:30-10:00 am, Union South (TITU): “Documenting and Communicating the Scholarly Work of Academic Staff” with Deanna Schneider, UW-Extension Cooperative Extension offered by Community Partnerships and Outreach (CPO) Staff Network. Is anyone able to attend on behalf of ASCC?
5. Confirm upcoming meeting dates, the Friday immediately following Academic Assembly meetings. January 13, February 17, March 16, April 13 and May 18 from 11-noon.