Help Desk Services for Departments
This document provides a basic overview and contact information for additional Help Desk Services for Departments.
The Help Desk can customize services for departments who need to provide help desk functions to their users and want a cost-effective, high quality service without having to manage staff or develop an infrastructure. This service is particularly effective at resolving routine issues on the first call while freeing local technical staff to concentrate on more complex, high priority technology needs of their unit. It can be integrated with DoIT Departmental Desktop Support agreements.
Custom Help Desk services include:
- 7AM-11PM first level support 365 days per year
- Department staff use of WiscIT service management system
- Local support integrated with campus subsidized desktop application and OS support
- Support for local products per customer provided procedures
- Prompt notification of local support personnel or DoIT USS staff
- Reports available from WiscIT service management system.
- Use of Help Desk web knowledgebase for publishing support procedures for end users
- Unique identification for department staff for special handling