Student Center - Applying for Graduation
Step-by-step guide to applying for graduation in Student Center.
- Login to MyUW.
- Click on the Student Center tile, then the Academic Records tile.
- From the menu on the left, click on "Apply for Graduation".
- Click on the Apply for Graduation link for the Degree in which you are graduating. Please note: students do not apply to graduate for additional majors or certificates -- just degrees.
- Select the term in which you expect to receive your degree. Click the Continue button.
- Select the commencement ceremony in which you plan to participate. Answer the two questions relating to how your name will print in the Commencement Program.
Note: PhD, DMA and MFA students: You will have the option of entering a Faculty Escort for the commencement ceremony. If you do not know it at this time, you can update the information after the application has been submitted.
- Click the Submit Application button.
You will be taken to a Confirmation page. You should also receive an email stating you have successfully applied.
- Verify your Name, Address, Degree and Commencement information.
Note for International Students: If you don't already have one on file, you'll need to add a "Diploma" address. After your degree is awarded, this is the address to which your diploma will be mailed. Click the Add/Update Address link on your confirmation page to add a "Diploma" address. Or, go to MyUW>Student Center>Profile>Addresses. For more information, see Student Center - Updating your Contact Information.