Student Center - Applying for Graduation
Follow the directions below to apply for graduation in Student Center.
- Login to My UW-Madison.
- Open the Student Center app. If the app is not on your homepage, search for "Student Center". You can add the app to your homepage from the search results screen for easier access in the future.
- Find and select the Academic Records section on the Student Center.
- Find and select the Apply for Graduation tile.
- Click on the Apply for Graduation link for the Degree in which you are graduating. Please note: students do not apply to graduate for additional majors or certificates -- just degrees.
- Select the term in which you expect to receive your degree. Click the Continue button.
- Select the commencement ceremony in which you plan to participate. Answer the two questions relating to how your name will print in the Commencement Program.
Note: PhD, DMA and MFA students: You will have the option of entering a Faculty Escort for the commencement ceremony. If you do not know it at this time, you can update the information after the application has been submitted.
- Click the Submit Application button. You will be taken to a Confirmation page. You should also receive an email stating you have successfully applied.
- Verify your Name, Address, Degree and Commencement information.
Note for International Students: If you don't already have one on file, you'll need to add a "Diploma" address. After your degree is awarded, this is the address to which your diploma will be mailed. Click the Add/Update Address link on your confirmation page to add a "Diploma" address. Or, go to MyUW>Student Center>Profile>Addresses.