EPD - Instructor Resources - Proctored Exam Process
EPD Instructor Resources
EPD is using UW-Madison Box to complete the proctored exam process for off-campus students.
Proctored Exam Process Overview
- At least one week prior to the exam's due date, the instructor should email EPD Student Services a PDF of the exam and any specific instructions (time limits, open/closed book or notes, use of calculators, etc.).
- The exam is shared with the proctor through a share link from UW-Madison Box.
- The Proctor administers the exam and emails the completed version to the UW-Madison Box folder email address. The Proctor receives a confirmation email that the exam was successfully sent.
- The instructor receives an email notification indicating the exam has been returned. EPD Student Services also receives a notification email of the returned exam.
- The instructor clicks on the link in the notification email to directly access the exam. The instructor can otherwise login to UW-Madison Box to access all of their course folders.
- The returned exams are placed directly into a course folder for access
- We can keep track of which exams were returned so we can ensure all of them were returned
- The Proctor knows that the exam reached its destination without it having to be confirmed
- The process keeps the exams out of email
1. Login to UW-Madison Box using UW NetID. Once logged in, the course folders will be able to be seen.
2. Ensure the course folder notifications are set so that when an exam has been returned, the notification goes off. To do this, click on the drop down menu to the right of the folder name and select Folder Properties → Email Options.
3. Check the Notification boxes to alert of Uploads and any other actions for which an email notification should be sent to the inbox.