Rentals - Wireless Modems
This document outlines the usage, features, and other details of the 4G wireless modems available for rent at the Tech Store.
Rental costs have been temporarily suspended as of 03/16/2020. If you have any questions or concerns, please reach out through email at email@example.com. We only have a limited number of MiFis and it is very likely we don't have any in stock due to COVID-19. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for availability.
|4G Wireless Modem||$10||$30||$80||-|
- Internet access in Verizon's 4G and 3G coverage area in continental United States
- Portable and charges over USB
- Secure wireless network
- Flat-rate rental fees for up to 30GB of data usage
- Hold down the power button on top of the modem until the screen displays "MiFi".
- The modem will take a few moments to start up and search for service.
- Once the modem has finished starting up, open the wireless network connection settings on your computer or mobile device and select the MiFi 4260LE Jetpack network.
- When prompted for a password, enter the password found on the back side of the modem.
- Your device should now be connected to the 4G wireless modem and should have internet access through that network.
TroubleshootingIf the device will not power on or start up:
- Ensure that the modem has been allowed to charge for at least 2 hours.
- Remove the plastic back panel of the modem.
- Disconnect the battery from the modem.
- Hold the power button on the modem down for 10 seconds with the battery removed.
- Reinsert the battery and replace the plastic back panel.
- Try again to power on the modem.
- Ensure that you have selected the correct wireless network on the device you wish to connect and that you have entered the correct password (found on the back side of the wireless modem).
- Switch your Jetpack off and on, then restart your computer or Wi-Fi device.
- Check the display status on the LCD screen for your connection status, alerts, or messages.
- Check the Alerts screen on the wireless modem and resolve any outstanding issues.
- Make sure that network coverage is available in your area.
- Reset the wireless modem using steps 2-6 from the power on/start up troubleshooting steps above.
- From the main menu on the wireless modem, go to Settingsand tap the middle button.
- On the next page, go to Wi-Fi and tap the middle button (it should be the first option on this page).
- Tap the right button to go down one option to Band.
- Tap the middle button to change the frequency between 2.4GHz and 5GHz.