LabArchives: Linking to webpages outside a notebook
LabArchives allows you to create to links to webpages outside of a notebook
You can link to webpages from inside notebook entries by two methods:
1. Create link within a rich text entry
- Within edit mode of a rich text entry, click on the link icon in the upper entry menu.
- Under "Link Type", select URL
- Under "Protocol", select http:// or https://
- In the URL field, enter the URL (without the http:// or https:// protocol)
2. Edit Links in any entry type
- In edit mode of any entry type, click on "edit links for the current entry" icon near the upper left of the entry.
- Select "Web address/URL"
- Enter the URL
- Add a description of the link, if desired.
- Click the add link button and then close
- The link information will be visible when you hover over the links icon on the upper right of the entry.
Remember that when linking to a website or file outside the notebook, your link can break if that webpage changes its url or the file is moved. Only link to information you either have backed up elsewhere or do not need long-term.