Mac OS X - Running Software Update
This document describes how to run Software Update to obtain the latest patches for Mac OS X.
OSX 10.11 and above:
- Use steps listed in the following link: How to update the software on your Mac
- Click on the Apple icon in the upper left corner and select Software Update...
- This will open the App Store, click on Update All in the upper left corner.
- Note: You can also update individual items by clicking Update next to the desired application.
OSX 10.6 and below:
- From the Apple Menu, choose System Preferences.
- Click Software Update.
- Click Check Now (or Update Now)to have your computer query Apple's servers for any new software.
Note: Software Update requires access to the Internet.
- If updates for your computer are found, a new window will open displaying the available software. Click Install.
- If you are prompted, enter an Admin username and password.
- After the updates have finished installing, restart your computer if required.
Information in this document modified from Apple Support.