InterPro - Online Learning - InterPro Credit Learners - Security Awareness
Proper computing and information security often contains three important software products critical to computer security: anti-virus, spyware detection and remediation, and a firewall. UW-Madison's DoIT offers various options for security software free to UW students and employees with a valid NetID and password.
Selected Security & Privacy Resources
- UW-Madison CIO Security Website: Securing your Computer
- UW-Madison CIO Security Website: Protect your Identity
- UW-Madison CIO Security Website: Managing & Protecting Passwords
- Setup WiscVPN for added connection security
- How to Recognize and Report Phishing
- 5 Ways to Combat Phishing Attempts
Selected Windows OS ResourcesSelected Mac OS Resources
UW–Madison recommends you use Windows Defender (automatically installed/running on Windows) for personal Windows devices, and use freely available antivirus software for personal macOS devices.
For more information about securing your computer, see Antivirus Software for Personally owned Devices