Connecting to Russell Printer, Windows
This document provides the easy way to print from a Windows computer to Russell Labs networked printers.
- Entomology, Plant Pathology, and Forest & Wildlife faculty, students, and staff; Hub staff
Steps to Add a Network Printer on Windows
You will need:
- The name of the networked printer you want to install
- A Windows machine
- A network connection to Russell Labs - either Ethernet in the building, or using the AnyConnect Departmental VPN if you're using any other way of attaching to the Russell Labs network
- A Russell Labs network logon
1. Login to the Russell Labs network.
2. From the Windows globe (what used to be called the Start Menu) in the "Search" window that appears, type:
3. A window appears with a list all the networked printers.
4. Search through the list to locate the printer you want to install.
Tip: The copiers in Rm. 218 are named "RM 218 Sharp Color A" and "RM 218 Sharp Color B."
5. Double-click the name of the printer you want to install.
6. The installation begins.