Connecting to Russell Printer, Windows
This document provides the easy way to print from a Windows computer to Russell Labs networked printers.
- Entomology, Plant Pathology, and Forest & Wildlife faculty, students, and staff; Hub staff
Steps to Add a Network Printer on Windows
You will need:
- The name of the networked printer you want to install
- A Windows workstation
- A network connection to Russell Labs - either Ethernet in the building or using the AnyConnect Departmental VPN if you're using any other way of attaching to the Russell Labs network
- A Russell Labs network logon
- Login to the Russell Labs network.
- From the Windows globe (what used to be called the Start Menu) in the "Search"
window that appears, type:
- If an "Enter network credentials" window greets you, use credentials:
- If not, skip to step 5.
- A window appears with a list of all the networked printers.
- Search through the list to locate the printer you want to install.
Tip: The copiers in Rm. 218 are named "RM 218 Sharp Color A" and "RM 218 Sharp Color B."
- Double-click the name of the printer you want to install.
- The installation begins.
- Please email email@example.com.