EPD - Technologies - Email - Office 365 Automatic Replies (Out of Office Assistant) on iOS Devices
Setting up an automatic reply on iOS:
Setting automatic replies for Office 365 email accounts on iOS Devices
1. Open the settings application.
2. Scroll down and select "Mail, Contacts, Calendars."
3. Select "Exchange" under the account heading.
4. Scroll to the bottom and select "Automatic Reply."
5. Toggle the switch next to "Automatic Reply" to on. More options and settings will appear, as shown below. Select an end date if desired and enter the content of the automated reply in the "Away Message" box. Press "Save" when finished.
6. If an external automated reply is also desired, toggle the switch next to "External Away Message" to on. Again, more options will appear, as shown below. External messages for wisc email accounts are defined as any message from a non-wisc.edu address. Automated external replies can be set for contacts only, or everyone. Enter a message for this response in the "External Away Message" box. Press "Save" when finished.
Note: Because wisc email accounts are configured as Exchange accounts, setting an automated reply on an iOS device will automatically apply it to the Mac Mail Client and the Outlook Web App. The settings can be adjusting using any of these methods. Please click the following links for more information about configuring automated reply settings using those tools: