Running the WRS Rehired Annuitant Lookback Report in HRS
OverviewRehired Annuitants have unique WRS eligibility requirements, depending on whether on not they retired on or prior to 7/1/2013, or after 7/1/2013. Rehired Annuitants who retired by 7/1/2013 are managed by the Rehired Annuitant report. Rehired Annuitants who retired on or after 7/2/2013 fall instead under the WRS Lookback process. The Rehired Annuitant Process generates a report that is distributed via Cypress to institution Benefit Administrators. The report can also be run ad hoc as needed. Employees appearing on this report should be counseled by the campus Benefit Administrator on their option to stop their annuity and go back into the WRS and obtain the required Rehired Annuitant Election Form (ET2319). If the employee chooses to stop their annuity and ETF provides the required confirmation and effective date, the campus Benefits Administrator should change the value in the Rehired Annuitant Field on JOB Data to "Rehired w/WRS" so the system automatically re-enrolls the employee back into the WRS.
- The Lookback Rehired Annuitant Report will be run after each successful Payroll Confirm and WRS Accumulator Load process which loads data to each employee's [Link for document 15459 is unavailable at this time.].
- The Lookback Rehired Annuitant Report can be run ad hoc by institution Benefit Administrators assigned to the UW_UNV_BN_CAMPUS_BN_UPD role and by UWSS Service Operations employees who are assigned the UW_SSC_BN_UPDATE role. The report can be run for the entire System or filtered for a specific Business Unit or Department.
- To be included on the report, a Rehired Annuitant employee must have a Rehired Annuitant field value equal to 'Retire Pre 7-2-2013 no WRS' and meet or exceed the 1/3 equivalent WRS hours threshold for their respective Empl Class. For more information on WRS thresholds, Benefit Administrators can access the UWSHR Website as well as Chapter 3 of the WRS Administrator Manual. (NOTE: A future enhancement of the Lookback Rehired Annuitant report will add additional logic to include Rehired Annuitants who retired post 7/2/2013, meet or exceed the 1/3 equivalent for their respective Empl Class, and had WRS service prior to 7/1/2011.)
- The Lookback Rehired Annuitant Report will be distributed to the Unit/Campus level Cypress inboxes and have a retention of 30 days. After this retention period, the UWSS Service Operations will have access to previous archived reports.
- Ad hoc process outputs will be available as a PDF file via the HRS Process Monitor.
You may click on the links below to navigate directly to a section:
To run the Lookback Rehired Annuitant report ad hoc:
1. Navigate to: UW Benefits Reports > Lookback Rehired Annuitant Rpt
2. Enter the Pay Run ID (required field)
3. Enter the Business Unit and Department (not required). An alpha character and wildcard (Ex: "A%") can be used to run the report for a specific institution.
1. 1st Report Appearance: Notify employees of their option to relinquish their WRS annuity and resume participation as an active WRS participationInstitution Actions Upon Receipt of Confirmation Form from ETF:
2. Have the employee complete a new ETF form ET-2319
3. Institution copies form for employee's file
4. Route ET-2319 to the UW WRS Agent (c/o UWSS Service Operations)
5. Wait for Confirmation Form from ETF
1. Add a row on Job Data using the effective date provided by ETF
a. Action = Data Change
b. Reason = BN Eligibility Update
c. Rehired Annuitant Field value = Rehired w/WRS
2. Benefit Administrators who do not have security access to add a row on JOB Data should contact their local HR office to make the change, or open a ticket and assign it to the appropriate AG Group at the UWSS Service Operations.
Report Body Data Elements:
- Empl ID/Rcd: The Empl Rcd identifies the primary Empl Rcd evaluated for inclusion in the report
- Empl Class: The employee classification for the Benefits Primary Job
- UW_WRS_ACT_10: "Y" or "N" reflects whether or not the employee had WRS service prior to 7/1/2011
- FTE: The employee's full time equivalent
- Continuity Cd: The employee's Continuity Code or duration of job/position.
- WRS Eligible Hours: WRS eligible hours accumulated over the previous 12 months
- Lookback Date: The date 12 months earlier than the Pay End Date
- Pay End Date: The end date for the pay run ID used to run the report
Additional ResourcesRelated KBs:
- ETF WRS Administrator Manual (See Chapter 3)
- Rehired Annuitant Election Form (ET2319)
- Rehired Annuitant Checklist