Faculty Senate Minutes 2013-12-02
University of Wisconsin--Madison
shared governance document
December 2, 2013
The meeting was called to order by Chancellor Rebecca Blank at 3:33 p.m. with 157 voting members present.
1. Memorial resolutions were presented for:
3. Question PeriodChancellor Blank noted that detailed information about the critical compensation fund was sent to schools and colleges in November, and at least 50% of funds must be given to individuals who did not receive an increase through the first round of the critical compensation fund.Chancellor Blank noted that Vice Chancellor for Research and Dean of the Graduate School Martin Cadwallader has indicated that he plans to step down at the end of the current academic year. Chancellor Blank and Professor Michael Bernard-Donals, chair of the University Committee, announced that a working group on leadership changes in the Office of the Vice Chancellor for Research/Dean of the Graduate School is being formed, with a report requested by February 15, 2014.
There were no questions.
AUTOMATIC CONSENT BUSINESS
4. The minutes of 4 November 2013 were approved as distributed.
5. Professor William Tracy submitted for informational purposes the PROFS, Inc. Annual Report for 2012-2013. faculty document 2456.
There were no questions or comments
6. Professor Ruth Litovsky submitted for informational purposes the Committee on Women in the University Annual Report for 2011-2013. faculty document 2457
There were several questions.
7. Professor Bernard-Donals moved to adopt the University Committee Recommendation to Amend Faculty Policies and Procedures 4.20., 4.32., 4.40. and 5.31. Regarding Processes for Approving, Modifying and Discontinuing Courses; and to Amend Chapter 6 to Create the University Curriculum Committee. faculty document 2452
The motion passed without negative vote.
8. Dean Robert N. Golden presented for discussion the Recommendation to Create the Department of Emergency Medicine in the School of Medicine and Public Health. faculty document 2458
9. Chancellor Blank presented a resolution of thanks, which passed without negative vote.
Resolved: That the Faculty Senate expresses its appreciation to Andrea Poehling for her excellent work as secretary of the faculty; and that the Faculty Senate also expresses appreciation to Joe Farrenkopf for his excellent work as administrative program specialist in the Office of the Secretary of the Faculty.
The meeting adjourned at 4:35 p.m.
Secretary of the Faculty