EPD - Office 365 - Calendar - Using the Scheduling Assistant
How to schedule meetings utilizing the Scheduling Assistant feature in Office 365
- Log into the Outlook Web App (OWA).
- Switch from email to the calendar by clicking the calendar button in the lower left hand corner of the screen.
- Select "New" at the upper left of the screen to create a new meeting.
- A new window will open. Start typing Attendees' names in the box below "People" to see their schedules side by side.
- To reserve certain rooms, such as the Extension Building Conference Room in 831, the room must be added as an attendee. For example, type "EPD-Ext-831-Conf" into the attendees field, just as you would a person's name. Make sure the rooms you are reserving don't have conflicts! This means someone else has already booked the room at the time you have selected.
- The Event Management Calendar must also be added as an attendee. Type "epd-event-mgmt" into the attendees field to add an event to the shared calendar.
- Change the date and time of your meeting on the left, under "Details". Try to find a time that works for as many of your attendees as possible.
- If you add a title for the event, attendees will be able to see the true name of the event, but on the public calendar, the event name will appear as the organizers name.
- Example: "LDT Review of MMC online Module 1 Course Map Draft" will appear to attendees and "Katie Lennon" will appear on the public calendar.
- Fill in the other fields as desired. When everything is ready, press "Send."
For more information, see [Link for document 84545 is unavailable at this time.]