DPPS - DoIT yourself printing with DPPS GoPrint
UW DoIT Digital Publishing and Printing Services has large format printers and copiers available at the School of Human Ecology building. These output devices are hooked up to GoPrint service so that you can print posters directly from your computer. The print charges through GoPrint are lower than the full services options available through http://www.uwdoitprintingstore.org.
GoPrint is a commercial product that the campus is using to allow pay for print in the InfoLabs and other locations currently using the campus debit card system.
At present, when a lab patron sends jobs to a printer in one of the infolabs, the job shows up on a release station near the printers. The patron can then print the job using a campus debit card. The release station is connected to the card reader and GoPrint deducts money from the card based on the type and length of the print job. Additionally, GoPrint allows infolab staff to set up quotas, reprint jobs, and generate printing and accounting reports and various other functions.
The DoIT Help Desk Provides support for patrons using the GoPrint service.
GoPrint should be available any time the InfoLabs are open.
GoPrint instructions specific to School of Human Ecology devices available through DoIT DP&PS
DPPS GoPrint device setup
- Load money into a Wiscard Print account at go.wisc.edu/print
- Install print drivers available at \\goprint.doit.wisc.edu if running the Windows operating system.
- The username is "labprint" and password is "pr1ntstuff".
- Hit connect & install drivers.
- Detailed instructions are available at GoPrint (Win) - Printing from Personal Computers
- Copy & paste web link to your desktop. (https://selectric.doit.wisc.edu:7773)
Printing to a DPPS GoPrint device
- Choose the DPPS GoPrint device from the Print Setup dialog box in the program and file you want printed.
- Print using the settings you require for your specific project.
- Open the GoPrint web link on your desktop. (https://selectric.doit.wisc.edu:7773)
- Choose your print order from the list of available jobs by checking the box to the left of the order.
- Verify you have enough money in your account to pay for the order.
- Release the order to the printer by selecting "Pay and Print".
- Close the web browser after you have finished printing to log off of your account.
DPPS GoPrint devices available at School of Human Ecology
- SoHE Lab 1135A B&W
- SoHE Lab 1135A DoIT Ricoh
- SoHE Lab 1135B B&W
- SoHE Lab 1135B DoIT Ricoh
- SoHE 2172 DoIT Epson 9800
- SoHE 2172 DoIT Epson 9880
- SoHE 2172 Lanier LD345 B&W
- SoHE 2172 Plotter HP DesignJet 800 (Down)
DPPS GoPrint Pricing
|Description||8.5” x 11”||11” x 17”||up to 24 inch wide prints|
|Black ink - copier||$.05 / Single and $.10 / Duplex Printing||$.10 / Single and $.20 / Duplex Printing||NOT AVAILABLE|
|Full color ink - copier||$.50 / Single and $1.00 / Duplex Printing||$1.00 / Single and $2.00 / Duplex Printing||NOT AVAILABLE|
|Plotter – large format output||$2.35 / square foot||$2.35 / square foot||$2.35 / square foot|
- Posters printers/plotters to do Not print double-sided.
- Plotters are set to ANSI 24” x 36” (6 sq ft)