PDRC Minutes April 10, 2015
PDRC Meeting Minutes
Friday, April 10, 2015
9:00 - 10:00 am
Present: Jeff Armstrong, Nick Ewoldt, Jay Ford, Elisabeth McInnis Foster, Amy Hawley, Stephanie Jones, John Klatt, Stephanie Kutz, Chris Lupton, Alison Rice
The meeting was called to order at 9:06 am.
Automatic consent business
- Minutes for March 2015 were approved without dissent.
Standing subcommittee reports
- PD Grants: Amy/Stephanie J.
· 04/10/2015 last day for Dean’s approval
· ~52 applications with 8 PDRC reviewers
· Jeff will work with Amy on spreadsheet tool for grant assignments
· Next week Amy will send the list out to PDRC
· Final PD decisions are due mid-May
- Awards: Elisabeth/Jeff B./John
· Awards process is complete for the year
· Jeff will present recipients at the AS Assembly meeting next week
- Exec Ed Grants: Jay/Alison
· ~42 applications (Curtis, Nick, Alison, and Jay are reviewing)
· The language on the first page needs revising to clarify that "no supervisor/dean approval" is required
· PDF creation function is still cutting off text; Jay will email Heather Daniels
- Committee size
· Reminder to PDRC to speak informally with PPPC members you know regarding this; Jeff will send email
· It is not clear from ASPP what the mechanism is to approve committee-size change
· Further discussion tabled until May meeting
- Mentoring Committee outreach: Stephanie K.
· Voted to collaborate on events with Mentoring Committee; approved without dissent. Stephanie K. will connect with Aygul Hoffman regarding this.
- Academic Staff governance priorities for 2014-2015
· Ad hoc subcommittee on funding professional development grants
o There is an Academic Staff Endowment account set up already at UW Foundation. Any new accounts in the Foundation need a minimum of $10000 to start. PDRC discussed concerns that there is no guarantee that funds placed in the AS endowment account would be available for Professional Development Grants.
o Communications Committee collaborations: AS profiles
- John forwarded names to Diane S. on the communication committee; no update as of this meeting. John will check in with Diane.
o Updates to PD Grants web page
- Chris, Stephanie J., Amy proposed website changes
- PDRC agreed changes are beneficial
- Jay suggested that we work toward having the ‘post-award report’ as an on-line form (easier tracking, easier reporting)
- New web page draft will be reviewed at the May meeting
The meeting was adjourned at 9:57 am.