Windows XP - Identify Current Product Key in Windows XP Installation
The Microsot Genuine Advantage Diagnostic Tool can be used to identify the current product key in a Windows XP installation.
NOTE: Windows 95/98, Windows Me, Windows 2000, Windows XP, and Windows Vista are no longer supported by the Help Desk. We can only provide best effort support. If we are unable to resolve your Windows 9x/2000/XP/Vista issue, you may be able to find help in Microsoft's Knowledge Base.
These products are no longer actively supported by Microsoft. No further development will take place on these products and security updates are no longer issued. It is highly recommended that you upgrade to Windows 10, 8, or 7.
You do not need administrative rights to install and use this software.
- Download the Microsoft Genuine Advantage Diagnostic Tool (MGADiag.exe) to your desktop or another easily remembered location. It can be downloaded from: http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=52012
- Double-click the application's icon to launch it.
- Click the Continue button.
- On the following window, the last 15 characters of your current Windows XP product key will be displayed.
- If you need to change the key, see: http://kb.wisc.edu/helpdesk/page.php?id=5767