WiscList - Requiring a Password to Post
As a WiscList list administrator, you can configure your list to require members to provide a password when posting to your list.
Configuring a List to Require a Password
- Log in to the WiscList List Manager interface (See: WiscList - Advanced List Management (List Manager)).
- Verify the list you want to work with is selected (See: WiscList (Advanced) - Working with Multiple Lists).
- Click Utilities in the left-hand navigational menu to open the Utilities submenu.
- Highlight List Settings, then select Email Submitted Content.
- Click the Security tab.
- Set Require password in body to yes, all members must have a password, and it must be in the body.
- Click Save.
Posting with a Password
To send a message to a WiscList mailing list that requires a password, insert the following at the beginning of the email:
where [your password] is the password for the list. If you forgot or don't know this password, follow the instructions in [Link for document 5339 is unavailable at this time.].