Access Disk Space Using Mac OSX
How to map your filespace from your CAE account to a macintosh computer. In the following, you must use your own account information found under My Accounts in the CAE webpage.
*If you are already connected to the college of engineering network via ethernet or wireless, skip to step 3.*
- Run WiscVPN and connect (make sure you use the appropriate connection, i.e. on or off campus).
- Enter your login information.
- Return to the Finder and click on "Go" on the top menu bar and then select "Connect to Server."
- In the "Server Address" box, enter: smb://files.cae.wisc.edu/[login_first_initial]/[login] and click Connect. For example, if your username was johndoe, you would enter smb://files.cae.wisc.edu/j/johndoe
- Login with your CAE credentials, and click OK.
- Your file space should then pop-up, upon successful connection.