University Committee Meeting Minutes 2014-08-04
University Committee Meeting Minutes
approved August 18, 2014
August 4, 2014
Present: Fair, Broman, Farrar-Edwards, Meyerand (by phone), Wendt
1. Meeting called to order: 1:02 PM
a. Minutes of the meeting of July 21, 2014, approved as corrected
b. Fair provided update on bullying/civility discussions; document will come to UC soon for first reading at Faculty Senate in October
c. Fair will report to chancellor on UC discussions around VCR search
d. Secretary of the faculty will organize divisional committee orientation in fall
e. Wendt provided update on performance management discussions (evaluation of both academic staff and faculty supervisors)
2. WARF Committee update: Nicholas Abbott
Handout: committee charge (FPP 6.55) and markup version with recommendations
Overarching recommendation: Committee should serve as communication conduit between faculty and WARF.
UC will consider proposed changes, discuss with interim VCRGE and chancellor.
3. Provost Update: Sarah Mangelsdorf
Introductions and summary of UC and shared governance at UW
4. Farrar-Edwards moved and Broman 2nd to convene in closed session pursuant to Wis. Stats. 19.85(1) (c) and (f) to discuss personnel matters. Motion passes: 2:30 PM5. Broman moved and Farrar-Edwards 2nd to reconvene in open session. Motion passes: 3:03 PM.
Nancy Lynch, Julie Underwood, Bob Mathieu
Limited to SOE but this could be something for UC to take up after pilot
7. Meeting adjourned: 3:45 pm
Steven K. Smith
Secretary of the Faculty