ECMS - Perceptive Enterprise Deployment Suite (PEDS)
[Doc 8386 content is unavailable at this time.]
The Perceptive Enterprise Deployment Suite (PEDS) automatically distributes and performs updates to the Perceptive Content client.
When PEDS is installed on a client workstation and configured to point to the PEDS server, upon proper execution of the Imaging client, the PEDS service on the workstation will check with the PEDS server to see if a new client is available.
If a new client is available it will begin to download and install the new version of ImageNow.
How can I tell if the PEDS client has been installed on a workstation?
You can check the PEDS Client Product Version Report at
Look for the workstation's IP address and/or machine name. Please note, some machine names are being hashed so your machine's local IP address may be more helpful.
To verify if the PEDClientService is running locally:
- At the Start Menu, enter Services.msc
- Verify the Perceptive Enterprise Deployment Client service has a Running Status and Automatic Startup Type
- Double-click to make any necessary corrections
Can I verify where the the PEDClientService is pointing?
No, you do not have a "view" option in the service to see you where the client is pointing. However, you can verify if the PEDClientService is running and if it is connecting to the PED server by following the instructions provided above.
You also have the option to update the URL for the deployment server by editing the registry key using:
For 64-bit installations:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Perceptive Software\PED Suite\Applications\PEDClientServiceWin32
For 32-bit installations:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Perceptive Software\PED Suite\Applications\PEDClientServiceWin32
How can I update the path of the Deployment Server?
- Right click the UpdateURL string and choose "Modify..."
- In the Value data box, type the updated path of the Deployment Server.
- Our Deployment Server URL is: http://deploy.imaging.services.wisc.edu:8080/pedserver
How do I install the PEDS client?
- To install the PEDS client you will need to reinstall the Imaging client. See KB 133027: https://kb.wisc.edu/ecms/133027#DeploymentServer
In order for PEDS to check for updates upon launching the application, the PEDS client installer must replace the shortcut to the application's executable with a shortcut to the PEDLauncher executable. In the event that this shortcut is missing, you can manually create a new shortcut.
Create a new shortcut
Begin by going to the configuration settings, which can be found in the PEDLauncher.exe section of the configuration file. The name of the configuration file is the name of the updater ending with .config (e.g., PEDLauncher.exe.config).
- Using Windows Explorer to locate the PEDLauncher.exe file.
- Right-click on the PEDLauncher.exe and select Create shortcut.
- Right-click on the newly created shortcut and select Properties.
- Edit the Target field by appending the appropriate -A and -L parameters to the end.
- For example: the Target for launching Perceptive Content Client would look like the following example.
- "C:\Program Files (x86)\ImageNow\bin\PEDLauncher.exe" -A ImageNow6Win32 -L "C:\Program Files (x86)\ImageNow\bin\ImageNow.exe"
- Parameter Argument: -A: The ID for the target application. -L: The path to the target executable
- Rename and relocate the shortcut as desired.