University Committee Meeting Minutes 2013-09-03
University Committee Meeting Minutes
approved September 9, 2013
September 3, 2013
Present: Bernard-Donals, Cook, Fair, Farrar Edwards, Meyerand, Petty
1. The meeting began at 2:32 p.m.
2. Motion by Cook, second by Petty to approve minutes of the meeting of August 26, 2013. Unanimous.
3. The University Committee unanimously supports the ASEC chair’s request to be added to the Leadership Council.
Farrar Edwards arrived at 2:40 p.m.
4. The University Committee affirms its commitment to keeping administration of the search process for deans, provost, and chancellor in the Office of the Secretary of the Faculty. It supports hiring an FTE who is dedicated to administering the searches.
5. The University Committee supports the chancellor’s preference to have a national search for provost and use a search firm.
6. Motion by Cook, second by Petty to convene in closed session pursuant to Wis. Stats. 19.85(1)(c), and (f) to discuss personnel matters. Unanimous.
7. Reconvened in open session at 4:31 p.m.
8. The meeting adjourned at 4:41 p.m.
Minutes submitted by Andrea Poehling, secretary of the faculty.