ECMS - How to replace a scan station with a new model scanner
How to replace a scan station with a new model scanner
When replacing an existing scanner with a new model, new profiles will need to be created to ensure the scanner works correctly with ImageNow.
Perform the following steps when replacing a scanning device with a new model:
- Install the ISIS driver for the scanning device according to the manufacturer's instructions.
- If using Kofax VRS, verify the appropriate version for the new model scanner and install/upgrade Kofax, if necessary.
- Log into ImageNow as a Manager.
- Select Settings > Options.
- In the Options dialog box, select Capture > Manage Device List.
- Note: Do not delete the existing device as this will remove the association between the inscan.xml and indevice.xml configuration files.
- Click Create to add the new scanner in ImageNow.
- In the Scanning Profiles section, click Manage Profile List.
- Select the profile, then click Modify.
- In the Scanning Profile dialog box, select the correct device from the dropdown menu, and then click OK.
- Repeat step 8 for all Scanning and Capture profiles.
- Once the new scanner has been configured the old device may be removed.
It is not necessary to release the token as long as the same license is being used. If the license changes, for example moving from scanning with ISIS Level 1 to scanning with ISIS Level 2, a user will need to remove the prior token.