ECMS - How to replace a scan station with a new model scanner
This document explains how to replace a scan station with a new model scanner.
How to replace a scan station with a new model scanner
When replacing an existing scanner with a new model, new profiles will need to be created to ensure the scanner works correctly with ImageNow.
Perform the following steps when replacing a scanning device with a new model:
- Install the ISIS driver for the scanning device according to the manufacturer's instructions.
- If using Kofax VRS, verify the appropriate version for the new model scanner and install/upgrade Kofax, if necessary.
- Log into ImageNow as a Manager.
- Select Settings > Options.
- In the Options dialog box, select Capture > Manage Device List.
- Note: Do not delete the existing device as this will remove the association between the inscan.xml and indevice.xml configuration files.
It is not necessary to release the token as long as the same license is being used. If the license changes, for example moving from scanning with ISIS Level 1 to scanning with ISIS Level 2, a user will need to remove the prior token.