ECMS - Add Application Plan Screens
This document explains how to add Application Plan Screens.
What is an application plan screen
An application plan screen represents a screen or window defined by applying a LearnMode application plan type to your business application. Screens are only applicable to LearnMode application plans. For each screen or window ImageNow defines, it creates a screen in your application plan.
How to add an application plan screen
Creating a screen involves capturing data from your host screen to create document keys that will be used to link images to records in your application. Once ImageNow creates and tests the screen, you can scan images into ImageNow and link them to a particular record in your business application from that screen.
- Start your business application and navigate to the appropriate screen and active record.
- Go to Application Plan Designer > Screens > New Screen button.
- Note: When adding a new screen to your application plan, the system will attempt to match the window title to the window title you entered in the Plan Settings dialog box under the Value box when you first create the application plan.
- If a match does not exist, the system displays the error message "Could not find the business application window."
- For business applications with multiple screens that use different windows titles, use a wildcard to find an exact match on a substring of the window title or screen name.
- For example, a business application with the screens "Sample Module: [HR]" and "Sample Module: [AP]” can be identified with the value "Sample Module: *."
- For example, you can move the first screen in your business application to the top of the list.