University Committee Meeting Minutes 2013-02-11
approved February 18, 2013
February 11, 2013
Present: Bernard-Donals (chair), Fair, Petty, Scheufele
Absent: Cook, Lipton
1. The meeting began at 1:01 p.m.
2. The University Committee suggests including more centrally articulated parameters for future distributions from the Critical Compensation Fund.
3. Motion by Scheufele, second by Petty to approve the minutes of February 4, 2013. Unanimous approval.
4. Motion by Scheufele, second by Fair to convene in closed session pursuant to Wis. Stats. 19.85(1)(c), and (f) to discuss personnel matters. Unanimous approval.
5. Reconvene in open session at 4:10 p.m.
6. The committee heard from several faculty members from the School of Music about their concerns regarding the proposed College of the Arts. It appears that there is considerable stress within the school regarding the proposal and the UC is in agreement that something needs to be done to bring the music faculty to an acceptable resolution to the disagreements.
7. The meeting adjourned at 5:11 p.m.
Minutes submitted by Andrea Poehling, secretary of the faculty