Canvas - Violence Prevention Course for Graduate & Professional Students
This document describes how to complete the online violence prevention course for graduate and professional students.
Graduate and Professional students at UW Madison are required to complete the Violence Prevention for Graduate and Professional Students course provided by University Health Services. This course is available from within Canvas.
To complete the Preventing Sexual Violence at UW-Madison course:
- Log in to Canvas using your UW-Madison NetID credentials.
- In the red navigation column on the left, click "Courses," then click the "Violence Prevention for Graduate and Professional Students" link.
- Follow the completion instructions within the course.
NOTE: Only incoming, newly admitted graduate and professional students are enrolled in the Violence Prevention for Graduate and Professional Students course within Canvas. Others interested in taking this course should contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Contains audio and video, therefore you will need a computer with audio. All audio is closed captioned. Please be aware that the quality of your internet connection will affect the speed at which the videos in the course load and play. If the videos seem to be playing too slowly or are stalling or not loading, please check the quality of your internet connection. A transcription of the course can be requested by emailing email@example.com.
- View in full screen. The course is optimized to play in full screen, and most video size issues can be resolved by viewing in full screen. To open the program in a full screen, make sure your pop-up blocker is turned off, click the Complete the Course button from the course home page and size as appropriate.
- Do not use a mobile device. Plan to complete the course on a desktop or laptop, as your progress will not be tracked on a tablet or mobile device.
- Make sure your Internet browser is up-to-date. An out-of-date browser may lead to technical issues.
- Complete the Post-Assessment. Information provided in the post-assessment will be used to improve the program and future prevention efforts.
For more information
If you need help accessing the course or experience technical issues, please contact the DoIT Help Desk for assistance.